Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fantastic FRIDAY!!!

This past Friday, January 9th, proved to be the most exciting day of my teaching career!  The day began with a planned school-wide assembly, planned about a month ago.  Florida Education Commissioner, Ms. Stewart and First Lady Scott made their appearance, along with our school board members, St. Lucie County Superintendent, Port St. Lucie Mayor, and Mayor of Ft. Pierce.  Why, you may ask?  We were told that F.K. Sweet was being recognized for being an A school for 14 consecutive years, but we felt something else was going to happen.  The assembly began with Mrs. Wright (our fantastic principal) introducing our special guests.  First Lady Scott spoke, then our State Education Commissioner, Pam Stewart,  spoke then introduced yet another special guest.  Dr. Jane Foley from Milken Educator Awards took over the assembly with the words, "I have a secret!"  By then we knew something was about to happen.  Several of us teachers thought our Principal was going to receive an award as she was Principal of the Year last year.  Dr. Foley sought assistance from our student audience to display figures that represented a financial award.  With gasps heard throughout the cafeteria, she stated that one teacher was selected from Frances K. Sweet to receive this prestigious award.  She went on to say that this teacher is the ONLY one in the state of Florida. She then asked if we want to know who it is, with a resounding YES...DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......Enthusiastically she said, "The Milken Educator Award goes to NARDI ROUTTEN!!!!  Did I hear that correctly?  Did she actually say my name?  Needless to say, I was stunned, speechless, and I couldn't move.  The rest of the morning was a blurr!!!

I am a blessed woman who has a passion to teach!  I'm humbled, thankful, and so appreciative for this recognition!  I can't wait to see how this is going to impact my career!  This award further ignites my passion and desire to teach and lead.  

Get a glimpse of what I experienced by clicking here!

I would like to use this blog to share teaching strategies that I use in my classroom.  I will also share other "tidbits" that could help other teachers.

Keep checking back!!!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. Wonderful. You deserve recognition. From retired SLCSB teacher, Martha Cuberly

    ReplyDelete